5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas For Her (That Aren’t Chocolate or Flowers)
Valentine’s Day can be so prone to cliché that even those of us who are crazy in love have low expectations for the day. When it comes to Vday gift giving, my inclination is to go in one of two directions: a small, lovely, heart-felt gift or a playful, stretch-the-budget, bigger gift. Here are a few ideas:
1) You know that I love Jo Malone and I’m super excited about their new “Just Like Sunday” range of candles. It comes in four delicious scents: lavender and lovage, green tomato leaf, sweet almond and macaroon, incense and embers.
2) Next up, I think you cannot go wrong with a super luxe body cream like this Bond No 9 Lexington Avenue. It smells like peony spiked with black pepper and goes on like a dream.
3) I’d pair the body cream with a wonderful book. One suggestion, a beautiful love story like Rebecca Walker’s luminous debut novel, Adé: A Love Story.
4) I think you can never go wrong on V-day with a sleek and sexy pair of shoes. For inspiration, check out these asymmetrical booties by Miu-Miu.
5) Last but not least, jewelry is very personal. But I love the quirky necklaces by Servane Gaxotte. Available at one of my favorite New York boutiques, Kisan Concept store.